Thursday, November 30, 2006

I need your help!

Help! I don't know the first thing about elementary kids in America. I need to do lesson plans about elementary kids in America.

For example,

In Japan, kids use paper, scissors, rock - to solve EVERYTHING! When I told them it wasn't AS popular in America - they wanted to know how kids solve things at home. I asked around since I really couldn't answer that. Remember "I'm thinking of a number 1-10" and the person who was closest won? I completely forgot about that! But - it's true - that was really popular to do as a kid.

So - I need to do a lesson plan on games that kids like to play in America. In Japan, they like to juggle, play marbles and a few other things that I don't know what it is.

What do kids in America like to do?

What are popular elementary kid shows in America? (approximately 4th graders level)

What goes on inside a kid's mind that is like 10 years old?

Next, I need to do a lesson plan on Christmas and I want to incorporate some sort of crafts or something? Does anyone have any easy suggestions? Remember, I teach hundreds of kids in a day - so things like making ornaments will make me broke. HELPPPPP.

I don't understand kids at all..

Please send all suggestions to my email at sarajeanne@gmail.com or leave comments.

help. help. help!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi sara! well i'm not sure about games that kids play but here are some good websites that seem to have cheap crafts on them...

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/christmas/

http://www.dltk-holidays.com/xmas/crafts.html

Hope it helps!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Butler, PA. Being that I have an 11 year old, I think Christine and I could be some help. We use a website www.familyfun.com for crafts ideas. We have made ginger bread houses out of cardboard boxes (ie cereal, shoes, pop tarts), construction paper, puffy paint, and markers. Even candycane reindeer might be easy and inexpensive.

Good games to play are spud, capture the flag, hide and go seek. Christy and her friends have magazines and pick something to find like pink cell phone, lipstick, funnies hairdos, etc

SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS is probably the most watched in our house. Drake and Josh, Raven, and MTV videos.

Closest birthday coming up, accourding to height, alphabetical (forward and backwards), and Eenie meenie miny mo worked with my girlscout troop.

Hope this helps a little. My email is wks22wks@earthlink.net if you have more questions.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Christy's class is doing a secret santa exchange. A few time a week up until the party she puts a note in her friend's desk or a piece of candy. Just something to make the other feel special.

Lisa Marie said...

The girls at work said that their children love any shows that is on Nick Jr., you can check out there web-site. they also like Curious George, Dragontails, Dora the Explorer, Jimmy Neutron, Fairy Godparents and the Bernstein Bears Tv shows at well...

And all the kids LOVE to play dress up in princess costumes, spiderman costumes, ballerina costumes, superman costumes, faieries, angels, power rangers etc...