Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Monday Madness

I want to share Monday because to me – it's a clear reflection of how my life is shaping up around here. After a day at elementary school – thankfully,my last Halloween lesson plan for a year – I met Meg at a central location where we ran. It was so nice to get out and do a run with her. After that – we both headed over to Katie & Akira's where they were preparing a birthday dinner for me. Meg gave me a lovely little cactus for my birthday. She complimented me by saying she bought the cactus because it reminded her of me. Both my personality and the cactus are able to withstand so much outside pressures and still come out alive. Katie & Akira gave me some toe socks and prepared this delicious all – vegetarian meal for me. We had a great dinner – and even Brian stopped by for a bit before his Japanese tutor lesson.


I went home after dinner – just feeling so good about being here. I am slowly learning that I am an independent woman. Yet – at the same time – I long for those relationships with others that enrich my life. I don't know if that makes me dependent on others – but others can provide so much to our lives that it's silly to think otherwise. It feels good building relationships with others – and learning, growing, laughing. Life is where it should be.


Happy Birthday to me.

No comments: