Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Life as a teacher

Life as a teacher in Japan as far as an "assistant" teacher is pretty sweet. Yesterday - in the middle of my school day - my co-teachers were like hey! let's go harvest! So, while the kids were playing outside - the principal dressed in nothing more than his work out suit and 3 other teachers and I walked to this field of crops. We harvested crops and I got to bring home a crapload of vegetables. Can you believe I get paid for this? Where in America would you find people that go harvest crops in the middle of their school day - and on top of that actually have the principal right along with them? I love rural Japan (most of the time).

Today - at Junior High School - we taught some key phrases to use to "write e-mails." I got to correct the papers. I copied down some of my favorites to share with you. I am not making fun of their English - but rather, I found their messages to be hilarious. I don't know where they found these vocabulary words - because it was far off from anything we taught in class today. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! These are from nineth grade students:

1)
Dear X,

How are you? I am fine. I love Nanako and music too!
I like BEER. I hope to hear from you soon!
from,
X

2)
Dear X,
How are you? I am fine. I got 200 million yen! Sorry is the a fool.
See you,
X

3) Ms. Sara,
How are you? I'm HAPPY. Good news!!!!!! I love you! You are very, very beautiful. I hope to hear from you soon.

4) Dear X,
Good news! This cap was 2000 yen last week. Now, it's 1000 yen! This week at the sports store! Take it easy. Take a bath right! X

5) Dear X,
How are you? I'm hungry. Good news! We don't play tennis. Because it's raining! Y.A.T.T.A. AAAAAAAA
See you. From X

6) Dear Ms. Sara,
How are you? I am hungry and sreep now. How about you? I play basketball after school. Do you like basketball? Ms. Sara is cute!
See you. X

7) Dear X,
I am very busy. So, I don't write a letter to you. GIVE ME MUCH MONEY! See you.

8) Dear X,
How are you!!!!!!!!!!??????????? I'm fine? I've very, very, very, very, very busy. So, I don't write a letter. So, very happy! See you? I hope to hear from you soon.

9) Dear X,
How are you? I'm sick. Help me. I'm going to moon. moon is not sanso. I'm almost dead. Help! X

10) Dear X,
How are you? I'm very very sleepy. I have some goldfish. It is very cute and interesting. Do you like Shinjo? I love Nishi Oko. PS How many colors does the rainbow have? From X

11) Dear Ms. Sara,
How are you? I'm fine. I like Japanese food sushi. How about you? It's a very good.
goodbye.

12) Dear X,
How are you? I'm sick. You told me something last week. What was it. I'm almost dead.
X


T
here you have it! I hope you laugh as much as I did at these while sitting in the deadly silent teachers room as everyone stared at me! Have a good hump day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha why are all your kids dying on you?? maybe the candy made them sick

ollie said...

You must have their attention, they have noticed how very cute you are :)
Ditto. Love, xoxo AA

Anonymous said...

Thats excellent, that made me laugh and smile in the middle of a coffee shop. Rock it out, Sara McT stylin... keep it real and stay strong, its gettin better for me too

Anonymous said...

I am little concerned about your children wanting to die....hm.. Did you teach them the dead word?

p.s. I have no idea how to really do comments ~ Ferris