Sunday, May 06, 2007

Customs

This story is too good to not blog about until later.
This morning I was going through customs to come back into Japan. The customs man told me he wanted to search my carry on luggage. I handed it over to him. Opens up some of the pockets and he starts going through them.
He takes out a tampon, he looks at it and says:
Customs man: What's this?
Me: a tampon
Customs man: oh. can I open it?
Me, feeling awkward: uh, if you want to
Customs Man: What is it again?
Me: a tampon
Customs Man while waving it in the air so everyone waiting to go through the line behind me can see: a tampon. I don't know what that is. What is it?
Me: ummm, uhhhhhhh it's for women.
Customs Man: what do you do with it?
Me laughing, not sure what to say: uhhhhhhhh umnmmmmm you use it.
Customs Man: How do you use it?
Me, not sure if this is really happening: well, ummmm, uhhh, you see it's FOR WOMEN
Customs Man: OH! and he quickly puts it away.

As Katie said, maybe I should have demonstrated how to use it. hmmm. It was a really awkward situation!

If you look at my Phnom Pehn post I added pictures and links to all my pictures from those days. I'm working on the upload process. Honestly, I have sooo much to write about for Cambodia and I really want to because it was an amazing trip that I want to share with everyone. I am having trouble getting the videos to work, arrghh. It'll get up, I promise!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha that was the best story i ever read!!

Anonymous said...

How embarrasing!!!!!!!!!!!!