Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Packing Up

As I take a break from packing up my house to move into the city next week, I can't help but to stop and reflect on my past year, my life. Can you believe every year, for the past five years I have moved about two times per year? I guess that seems typical when you go to a college that's 7 hours away from your home. But even when I decided to live in Plattsburgh last summer, I had to still pack away most of my life to send back home with my parents and leave the remaining goods to be packed up later. You know what was great about all those times I've had to move in the past 4 years? I had my mom to help me. And even my last time leaving Plattsburgh, I still had my friends to help me carry all my shit down to my car. And my dad to unpack when I returned home one last time.

Here I sit, wondering how in the world I am going to get all this packing and cleaning in time for the deadline that my Board of Education has given me to evacuate the premises. I had initially intended on slowly bringing stuff to my new apartment as my successor won't be arriving to the end of August. But, no I can't do that, that would be too convenient for me. Next I wonder, how did I accumulate so much stuff? I mean I came here with 2 large suitcases, a carry on and that's it. Now all of that is already packed to the brim and my house is still in shambles. Worse, the place I am moving to is about half the size of where I am living now. Where is it all going to go???? Granted, I sent 3 boxes of winter clothes to myself by boat before leaving America and I am bringing things like a whole box of "school stuff" and intend on taking things that I've bought like a heater and big blankets and stuff, but man.

And my car sucks, it's a cool car but it's not a car to bring my life to the new city in. I need a bigger car, a van! I need friends that can help me. That doesn't work because my friends are all leaving before my move date and the few that are going to be around can't help.

Change is imminent. I'm beginning my move on August 1st - the same day as a festival in the city I'm moving to. That's going to be difficult, too.

Why do I have so many things? It's really not needed. blah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have such things as Garage Sales in Japan???
Aunt Chris from Rochester NY

Sara said...

hhehe no they don't! that's funny to think about=)